“AUSE099” Sage Accounts online update error.

I had a customer computer where Sage would prompt to upgrade to be able to open their company file. When it got to the stage where Sage should be downloading the file – I got the error code “AUSE099” and no further information.

There seems to be no decent information on the internet on what can cause the problem. Sage have the boring advice of “download the update manually and install it” which wasn’t what I wanted.

Using Process Monitor I tracked the problem down, in my case, to the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) being stopped and disabled on the computer.

I enabled it and started the service, re-ran Sage and clicked update – this time it worked!

Hope this helps someone.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Comment on this topic

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s